Why should I participate in the “Agri-Business Incubation Programme"?
- To turn your ideas into reality through intensive learning sessions, mentorships and business development training
- To get exposure to the market and targeted consumers through our agri-business expert sessions
- To develop strategies to build your product/services
- To help you grow and scaleup your businesses
- To develop an entrepreneurial mindset through the design thinking workshop
Who can enter the “Agri-Business Incubation Programme"?
Agri-Business Incubation Program is open to all Nepali Entrepreneurs/Startups that have innovative value-added sustainable agricultural products and services focusing on maize, dairy, cardamom, and vegetable sectors in Province-1. This programme is committed to providing equal opportunities for all, irrespective of gender, religion, culture, social status, marital status, sexuality, disability, age et cetera.
How do I submit the idea?
- You can submit the idea online through our website. Click here(link) to go to the form webpage
- You can also fill and submit your application form in the following institutions:
- Purbanchal University School of Management, Swastik Road, Biratnagar
- Ministry of Land Management, Agriculture and Cooperatives, Prathiva Chowk, Biratnagar
- Morang Merchant Association, Pandit Megnath Marg, Biratnagar
When is the last day for submission?
- The last day of application submission is October 17, 2021/ Asoj 31, 2078
What types of ideas do I need to submit?
- Innovative value-added sustainable agricultural products and services focusing on maize, dairy, cardamom, and vegetable sectors.
How many ideas will be shortlisted as finalists?
- 15 ideas will be shortlisted for the finals.
When does the incubation start?
- The incubation will start from mid-October (the first week of Kartik)
How long will the program last?
- The program will last till the end of April 22nd, 2021. However, the business incubation period is only for 7 days, which will start from mid-october. After that, there will be several expert sessions and mentorship sessions.
If we are selected, where do we have to come for the program?
- The business incubation will be conducted in the Purbanchal University School of Management (PUSOM). But there will be various industry visits and mentorship sessions, which will also be conducted in our other local organizations such as the Ministry of Land Management, Agriculture and Cooperatives, Morang Merchant Association etc
Will the “Agri-Business Incubation Programme" staff and judges sign a non-disclosure agreement?
I am not from province 1. Can I still enter the programme?
Do I need to pay any amount to participate?
- There is no application and participation fee. However, the participant will have to cover their individual accommodation, travel or any other costs besides the incubation training program.
Will I be able to edit the application form once I submit it?
- No, your submitted application will be considered the final application for the screening and selection process.
Who are the judges and mentors?
- Our judges and mentors are experts from the private and public, academia, and agriculture sectors.
Is there any limit to the budget for the ideas?
- No there are no limits to the budget for the ideas.
What are the criteria on which the ideas will be evaluated?
- The ideas will be evaluated in the following criteria:
- Team members’ expertise in the business idea
- Market opportunity of the idea
- Financial viability of the idea
- Creativity and scalability of the idea
Should the idea be submitted individually or in a group?
- The idea can either be submitted in a group or can be submitted individually.
What is the limit to the number of people in the group?
- You can have as many people in the group. All the members of the group will be able to participate in the business pitching and incubation program.
Do I have to be personally involved in the program?
- Yes, your participation is mandatory
How will the confidentiality of the submitted idea be ensured?
- A Non-disclosure agreement will be signed between the candidate and the “Agri-Business Incubation Programme".
Would there be any chance that our idea will be used for other purposes without our knowledge whether they are selected or not?
- No. All our organising team and mentors will be signing a Non-disclosure agreement. So your business idea will not be used for other purposes without our knowledge
What is the minimum education qualification required to be eligible for this program?
- There is no minimum education qualification required.
I am a student. What if my idea is selected but I do not have time to participate later in the execution phase?
- You will need to be completely involved in the program.
Are we allowed to submit multiple ideas?
Is it necessary to be a Nepali Citizen in order to be eligible for the program?
- Yes, you must be a Nepali citizen or Non-resident Nepali.
Will I get paid during the program implementation phase?
Is there any age- restrictions?
- No, there are no age restrictions.